Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Beeping can't find the reason

Robert Green wrote:

[snip]

Next time you have a low-battery situation where something's beeping, take
out your stop watch and measure the time it takes between two beeps. I'm
pretty sure you'll find that the cycle is repeatable enough for the unit
to beep within a second or two of its previous chiming (unless the room
temperature is changing at something like 10 degrees a minute). Being
able to anticipate the next beep precisely makes locating the errant unit
far
easier than standing around simply waiting for it. Try it. You'll see.

--
Bobby G.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that next time something starts beeping.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"To know that the Bible is the literature of a barbarous people, to know
that it is uninspired, to be certain that the supernatural does not and
cannot exist -- all this is but the beginning of wisdom."
-- R.G.
Ingersoll