Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jeff_wisnia[_4_] jeff_wisnia[_4_] is offline

Default Broken CFL

Jeffrey Angus wrote:

On 1/25/2011 2:58 PM, GS wrote:

Reminds me of a time where a lab device tipped over and
spilled mercury all over the place.

Ah for simpler times... Back in High School chemstry class
one of the students dropped a 1/2 quart jar of Mercury on the floor.

Ditto here, back in the lat 1940s or so it was quite common for kids to
rub mercury on silver coins to give them a marvelous sheen which only
lasted a few hours before darkening through whatever chemical reaction
took place.

Jeff (Who spells his first name with one less "e" than Mr. Angus.)

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"That ****'s expensive" so we were all on our hands and knees
chasing it around with 3x5 cards scooping it back up and
dribbling it into a new jar.

And tell me I'm not the only one that looked forward to
"Replacement fluorescent lamp day" at the local market.
My friends and I would run off with 50-60 8' lamps and
go have an epic sword fight until they were all broken.

Jeff