Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Furby repair

On Jan 26, 8:46*pm, Fred wrote:
Bob Villa wrote in news:cb763523-6665-4117-a226-
:

It also sounds like you're more of a mechanic than a etech on this
one. ;-)

Actually, my specialty is metrology. *My last serious job, before moving
on to the electronic organ/keyboard business in the late 1980's, was as a
GS-11 Electronic Technician at the Charleston Naval Shipyard's Metrology
Laboratory.

Since 1964, when I joined the Navy to avoid being murdered for the
military contractors profits in Vietnam, I've been in military
electronics most of the time. *In 1977-79, I spent 2.5 years building a
metrology laboratory at Iranian Air Force Headquarters, Tehran for a US
contractor. *I've been back to the MidEast many times for our military
and others.

Think I can qualify as an electronics technician? *I taught them at
Sumter Area Technical College, Sumter, SC, for 7 years from '71 to '78. *
Great fun if you don't need money to live on.

I didn't say you weren't qualified...I was rating the specific repair
ability required. You need not get your leotards in a bunch.