Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Quest du jour- seeking T1.25 wire base blue tinted bulbs.

On 1/26/2011 11:01 PM, Reed wrote:
On 1/26/11 8:27 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Anybody know a source for T1 1/4 wire base bulbs (NOT LEDs) with blue
tint? Trying to replace the lights on the HVAC controls for a 2005
Caravan. Dealer claims they are unserviceable, and wants to sell me a
whole new pod for hundreds of dollars. I have already replaced them with
T1's (too small) after buying T1 3/4 that were too big (I feel like
Goldilocks), but the T1s are too short, and the blue condoms make them
too dim. I am aware of McMaster-Carr and Allied- that is where I wasted
my money on the first two tries, for the condoms and bulbs respectively.
Allied has clear bulbs in the right size (now that dummy me figured out
what the size is), but not the tinted ones.

And yes, I already tried rec.autos.tech.

I don't know what "wire base" means. I don't think that's standard
terminology. But anyway, have you tried bulbs.com or one of those other
"we sell every light bulb known to man" type places?

see
http://www.topbulb.com/find/Product_...ductID_E_42901

for clear T1.25 wire base bulbs

Appreciate it, but that is 4x what Allied charges.

--
aem sends...