Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default Pet hates ?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:08:43 -0600, "Mark Zacharias"
wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:37:47 -0600, "Mark Zacharias"
wrote:

Ooh, Jeff. Get that liver looked at. My brother just died of liver cancer.
His symptom for at least a couple years prior - worsening back pain.
Mark Z.

Thanks. No back pains now, after I stopped taking statins. Not to
worry. I've been running hepatic function blood tests since I started
taking statins. The bad news is that statins seems to have done some
permanent muscle damage in my back and arms. Also, liver cancer is a
potential problem for me as I had prostate cancer in 2006, which tends
to spread to adjacent organs. I'm also watching that with irregular
PSA tests. Still, this is all a good excuse for not running wires
under floors and above ceilings.

None of this worries me as I already know how I'll meet my end. It
will be in a supermarket parking lot, run over by some hurried shopper
going diagonally across the parking spaces, thinking that all the
rules of the road are suspended in the parking lot. I've come closer
to meeting my end in such parking lots than from any medical or
military condition.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Good to know you're keeping up on stuff. There are different results with
different statins, but I quit taking them myself.

My brother had hepatitis C for 35 years and was diabetic as well, but even
though they kept an eye on his liver enzymes, the cancer was only diagnosed
after he had been complaining of swelling and bloating for a few months. By
then it was too late. The back pain was probably an early symptom, but he
had already had back problems, so they were looking at that as an isolated
problem.
Seems like a CAT scan every few years, when he had known risk factors, would
have been appropriate. Damn insurance companies...

I have low-option HMO insurance, with all kinds of deductibles and co-pays,
and it still costs me and my wife over 16,000 per year. Went up 22% the
instant Obamacare passed. Not going to be able to keep it up. I don't care
about any mandate. I'm dropping the insurance, and changing my focus from
health insurance to asset protection for when I have to declare bankruptcy
the first time one of us gets really sick.

Sorry for the rant...

Mark Z.

Mark, I know how you feel. My wifes's insurance company Blue X won't
pay for a PET scan to see if her liver cancer has returned. Death
panels indeed. Chuck