Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Beeping can't find the reason

Hank wrote:

Awhile back I had problems with beeping in this case it was traced
back to the smoke detector and was happening more and more
frequently. I tried changing the battery no luck. Then when all else
failed I got the detector's specs and found something I never knew in
the many years and multiple houses I have had with smoke detectors. It
seems that manufacturer calls for you to vaccum the detector every
year or so. The reason being that dust will sometimes accumulate on
the ion sensor in the detector and it thinks there is smoke. I
vaccumed the detector and problem cured. Hey they had been installed
for 8 years. I vaccumed them all.
email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end

Same with computers. After you hoover the innards, turn the hose around an
blow.

You'd think the goddamn computer just elected a new Pope!