Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Pet hates ?

Mark Zacharias wrote:
I have low-option HMO insurance, with all kinds of deductibles and co-pays,
and it still costs me and my wife over 16,000 per year. Went up 22% the
instant Obamacare passed. Not going to be able to keep it up. I don't care
about any mandate. I'm dropping the insurance, and changing my focus from
health insurance to asset protection for when I have to declare bankruptcy
the first time one of us gets really sick.

You don't have to answer the question, but are you Jewish? If not, was any
of your (or your wife's) grandparents Jewish?

Depsite what Jeff said about Israel in the 1970's, it's actually a booming
hi-tech country, with full socialized medical care. Instead of the doomed
national health plan they use in the UK, here the goverment collects a
"health tax" and pays for an HMO (there are 4).

The minimum coverage is regulated by law, and each HMO tries to offer better
coverage to compete. Since basic coverage is universal, there are many options
for low cost extra insurance if you want it.

New immigrants and returning citizens get into the system with pre-existing
conditions covered.

If you emigrate and don't work (for example, live off your savings, or other
assitance), the State of Israel pays your first year premiums. If you start
working before then, you pay the health tax like everyone else.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.