Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Petrol Substitute

On 25/01/2011 18:52, NoSpam wrote:
On 25/01/2011 16:44, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 25/01/2011 15:05, Gary wrote:
Hi

As Petrol is taxed because it is used in cars I was wondering if there
was a good substitute for running petrol tools . Generators movers etc.

I know LPG is used but is there anything else that would work without
modding the equipment.

Any Thoughts.

Gary

AVGAS is not taxed, although when I was still flying it was not much
different in price from motor fuel with the tax.

Colin Bignell

Oh yes it is! (and AFAIK always has been). Avtur is the one that isn't
tax'ed.

I never had to sign the declaration that HMRC require these days to buy
AVGAS, so I believe there was a time when it was not.

Colin Bignell