Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default concrete countertop

mkr5000 wrote:
Think I'm starting to gear toward concrete -- done enough concrete
work myself that it looks pretty straightforward -- may start with a
form to "play with". And you know, it just hit me, I wonder if I may
be able to do something unique with concrete pavers? ( ! ) They're
24" and even larger -- mortar between then?

It's a thought anyway.

use melamine, and form them upside down. you'll get a much smoother and
flatter surface.

you can polish them easily with an alpha side grinder with diamond pads (get
at granite tool places (i use http://defusco.com for tools of this ilk)).
start about day 5 before they harden up too much. you'll also need a
concrete vibrator to get good results (rent this).

i used glass cullet for the concrete aggregate and embedded slices of
different polished rocks in the surface and edges.

regards,
charlie
phx, az