Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Beeping can't find the reason

Kurt Ullman wrote:

I have something that is beeping at me exactly every two minutes. I have
ruled out the usual suspects of smoke alarms, the microwave. And even
some stranger ones like my cell phones, oven timers, etc. Sounds to me
like a battery is going dead, but can't figure out what it might be.
Having trouble tracking down where it is because of the long time frame
between beeps. Any suggestions of things to look for?

The last one that drove me crazy was a Oregon Scientific remote
thermometer that sits 4 feet from my head on my bad ear side. It
had the very faintest of alarms on it. By the time I heard it,
determined it wasn't tinnitus, and went looking for it, it had
stopped. After a month or two I noticed that it always happened
during the news. Then that it started at 6:18. . . . took a day
or two to remember that there was a clock [and calendar] on the damn
thermometer. The bottom button turns the alrm on and off--

Crap.

Jim