Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Beeping can't find the reason

On 1/24/2011 9:41 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:00:27 -0500, Kurt
wrote:

I have something that is beeping at me exactly every two minutes. I have
ruled out the usual suspects of smoke alarms, the microwave. And even
some stranger ones like my cell phones, oven timers, etc. Sounds to me
like a battery is going dead, but can't figure out what it might be.
Having trouble tracking down where it is because of the long time frame
between beeps. Any suggestions of things to look for?

Do you have a UPS (battery backup) for a computer???

Nope.

Maybe, at wits end, turn off all house power and if beep continues you
can assume something with a battery. You'll also be able to hear better
with all background noises off.