Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Aluminum countertop

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
John R. Carroll wrote:
Ned Simmons wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:50:29 -0800, "John R. Carroll"
mkr5000 wrote:
I read about the spectralock grout -- if I tile definetly will use
it. If I use stainless steel tiles (source?) can I install edge to
edge without grout?

Also, someone mentioned HARD anodize.

Hard Ano is so hard you can't scratch it with a carbide end mill and
isn't electrically conductive.
It's also pretty cheap to have a professional do it.

But it will crack if the substrate gets deformed, so you'd want to
make the sheet thick enough that it won't dent when it takes a hit.

Well, he was talking about quarter inch material.
In any case, 0.060" will resist anything a cooktop is subject to.

Hey! Diamond plate would be kewl!

Cheers!
Rich

i was looking at kitchen tiles yesterday. There are a heap of different
stainless steel tiles for kitchens. Neat but expensive!

Like this:

http://www.stainlessliving.com/tile.asp