Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default I Want to bend a piece of ER70S-.062 filler with bend R .160

On 2011-01-23, Don Foreman wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 20:33:38 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Is it safe to use a gage pin as a mandrel to do something like this?

Never mind. As soon as Baron said "crimp terminals," I abandoned the
whole Idea; I'm now crimping ring terminals on my elements and xmission
line - I even traded in some screws at Home Depot - I'd bought #8 x 1"
screws, to accommodate .125 of wire under the heads - with lugs it'll
be less than that; so I had two 4-bags of screws. I went to Home Depot,
and there were like 9 people in the "return" line, so I walked over to
the self-checkout where some kid was just sort of hanging around to help
out whoever needed it. I asked, "I really only need to exchange these;
do you think if I just went and got the other ones, and came through the
line, they'd just let me trade straight up? The kid said, "I don't know
why not. So I went up and got two 4-bags of 3/4" screws, and was walking
back to the checkout with the 1" screws, their receipt, and the 3/4"
screws. Suddenly I kinda fetched up - the receipt entry is "PLSTCBAGS"
or something; I took the 1" screws back, put them in their bin, and
just left the store with the new screws and the receipt for 2 "PLSTCBAGS."

Cheers!
Rich