Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Cold Weather Here In The U.S., Ha!

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:50:29 GMT, Red Green wrote:

" wrote in
:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:55:09 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Jan 23, 8:49*pm, Red Green wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
news:ihgv0t$v6g$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

If we Americans think it gets cold in The States, look at what our
Russian cousins put up with. :-)

http://www.webpark.ru/uploads54/1101...ivators_15.jpg

This could be Russia or our Plains, not sure but it's bad.

http://www.webpark.ru/uploads54/1101...ivators_16.jpg

TDD

Well it aint gonna be to frikkin warm here tonight either. 22 below
slated. At least tomorrow it goes above zero...by 1 degree.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2vbsbiu.jpg

I didn't know you were in Burlington, Red. Nice area. I haven't been
up that way is some years, but it's really pretty.

We lived in the BTV area until 2007. Glad to be gone, in more ways
than one. It's 36F now, with an anticipated low of 30F and a high
tomorrow of 55F and my property tax is less than 1/4 what it was in
Essex. Oh, and we have a decent football team. ;-)

Sounds exactly like where I was in NC mid winter. The minimum AVERAGE high
was 51F. Taxes also much much lower. The closest thing to local football
going on here in VT right now is me kicking myself in the ass.

Not NC, Auburn AL. ;-) Electricity is lower here, too. I just looked at our
bill, $.08/kWh vs. $.13 (I understand it's $.16 now) in VT. Good thing, we
have a heat pump.