Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:30:50 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 01:27:33 -0800, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote:

wrote in message
Has someone dictated/mandated/legislated that you use saw stopping
blade technology?

IIRC, the inventor was lobbying for just such legislation.

Plus, he wanted so much in royalties and licensing that ALL of the
manufacturers told him to shove it up his ass. I believe it was after
that happened that he chose to force the issue, to pursue mandatory
use via lobbying. What a jerk.

Making things up Larry? Wher exactly did you read that the manufacturers
"told him to shove it up his ass".

That's my ad-libbed statement for "Each and every one of the
manufacturers decided against accepting any offers of buying licensing
or paying royalties to him." If you ask the reps for those companies,
I'd be willing to bet that they'd have thought those thoughts, whether
or not they actually told him off in those precise words.

I thinking that if those reps are actually still around these days that they
would have a different view on which course they should have taken. That is
my throught. And I would also think that if those manufacturers were like
most that I have worked for that someone submitting a proposal for an
accessory or improvement of their product is not an uncommon occourance.
Basically I could not really see a manufacturer having ill feelings towards
an inventor or other company that is making a proposal. All the major
manufavturers depend on smaller businesses to bring new ideas and products
to the table for possible future consideration. Many get turned down some
do not.