Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in message
b.com...

"Upscale" wrote

It's a natural act for anybody to rebel against something that attempts
to force them to comply. Most *every* argument I've seen against using
the Sawstop has at one point or another derided Steve Gass from trying to
get the Sawstop technology mandated. And, their hatred of that attempt
has caused them to dismiss the Sawstop as a device they will not use,
despite its safety benefits.

From a pure marketing viewpoint, Mr. Gass was an idiot. He ****ed
everybody off.

I am not so sure of that, he ****ed a lot of people off, that is for sure
but I suspect that a majority of people were not. His situation is not a
unique one, we have a bunch of anti polution stuff mandated into law that we
all have to put up with. That ****es me off but not every one. It is the
American/Capitolist way to try to force an idea onto others. We live here,
we put up with it, but we don't have to like it.

You can argue the safety - human factor all you want. ****ed off people
don't respond well to objects of hatred.

There are the few that dont respond well but it would appear that most are
not ****ed and responding well, SawStop sales are up, most all other brands
are struggeling, and Delta gets pawned off again.

As for safety, I always was a safety freak. I grew up around all kinds of
victims of industrial and logging accidents. It made a permanent
impression on me. A lot of guys I went to high school with are either dead
or injured. For the most part, those guys were NOT safety conscious.

Good to be a safety freak. ;~)