Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Competition for SawStop ?

In article ,
says...

?
"J. Clarke" wrote

Which is gonna cost you more, the Sawstop or the insurance rate? And
why would it increase due to lack of use of the technology, did table
saws suddenly become more likely to cause an injury because of it?

Our Workman's Comp carrier is recommending using Saw Stop. I'd not be
surprised if they carried it further in the future and either demanded they
be used or raised the rates. It is a way they can limit their exposure to
claims.

If he offered you a _discount_ for installing a Sawstop that would make
sense--you'd be reducing your risk over what it already is. But if he's
saying he's going to increase the rates when there's no increase in
risk, you really oughta file a complaint with the insurance commission.

When we had our annual inspection, our inspector told me about a cabinet
company that moved recently, and on his recommendation bough the Saw Stop
models as replacements for old equipment. In the first month one tripped and
avoided a serious injury. You can bet he's going to push for them all over.

Fine to push for them. Not so fine when you start trying to bully
people into buying them.