Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default While Iggy's talking about safes...

Doug White wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in
:

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
-

One serious drawback of the electronic lock is powering it, but as
I've been writing this, it's occurred to me that one could mount a
power jack alongside the combination buttons. ;-)

Seems to me last time I looked at an eletronic combination lock safe
it was battery powered, and you could change the battery without
opening the safe.

Some of the security safes at work use a "wind up" lock. It has a magneto
in it, and you spin it several times to power up the lock.

Doug White

the only catch with those things is eventually everybody loses track of
how many codes/users were set for it.