Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default I Want to bend a piece of ER70S-.062 filler with bend R .160

John R. Carroll wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

talking microvolts of signal here. and I just lifted the wilding rod

WTF is "wilding rod" Rich?

A typo, that I neglected to proofread. Sorry.

I thought you were the local speeel and garamer polize in these parts.....

Yeah, I hereby sentence myself to forty lashes with a wet, but warm, noodle
for my negligence. I'm not gonna punish myself for being a pedant, merely
commit to acknowledging my own mistakes and proofread better. :-)

Anyway, aluminum rod is zero condition material so it age hardens a bit
but cycle hardens in a heart beat.

Thanks for this - I was only going by empirical experience, and I was only
guessing at the composition; there are probably some alloying metals in
there so that it's compatible with whatever alloy of aluminum you're doing.
Or maybe pure covers a broader range. Anybody feel like bothering to
fill me in on that?

BTW, I bought some lugs (crimp terminals) today, and while contemplating
getting started, I realized I should have bought some 12-10s, so I could
put the two "ears" of each element into one terminal, rather than use two
terminals for one element. (#14 and .062 the same within a tolerable
tolerance. :-)

Thanks!
Rich