Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default While Iggy's talking about safes...

I get visions of the Pope, having Poped the lock.
Sorry, I am the son of an editor.

Glad that worked out. I poped (well, I had the
hammer, but the Mormon missionary boy did
the deed) a D-shaped bike lock. Poped, or rather
Mormoned open a lot easier than we expected.
The bicycle owner had gone to a new area, and
we needed to get his bicycle to him.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John" wrote in message

I went on a service call one time to an antenna site that
was about 40 miles from the shop. When I got there
I realized that I did not have the key for the gate. I had
a spare lock and figured I could break the existing lock
and install the lock I had when I left. I hit the lock with
a hammer right in the middle between where the hasps
went into the lock. In my amazement the thing poped
open. It was a high quality lock but then not that high
quality. I tried that system on some other locks and
it worked on them too. Now days all you need is a
battery operated tool with a slitter wheel.

John