Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
baron baron is offline

Default I Want to bend a piece of ER70S-.062 filler with bend R .160

Hi Rich,
Rich Grise Inscribed thus:

I don't trust aluminum at all to make a reliable electical contact

Nothing wrong with aluminum ! But I do agree that where you have to
make electrically sound connections to it, it can be difficult to
prevent corrosion due to the dissimilar metals. This is one reason you
see a lot of stainless steel hardware used. At one time I used to buy
stainless steel 4BA threaded terminal posts for use on antenna
connections.

And I don't know where I'd get brass wire, or what I'd have to spend
on it.

Brass wire is not good stuff to use. Most of it is too brittle without
heat treatment and even then can suddenly go hard when machining it.

Thanks!
Rich

Why not just slide crimp eyelets onto the rods, bend to shape and
crimp !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.