Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Running gas line to HW heater

On Jan 23, 8:26*am, Mikepier wrote:
On Jan 23, 7:58*am, wrote:

On Jan 23, 12:32*am, Robert Neville wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
which will eventually be capped off and enclosed in the wall.
Is there anything wrong doing it like this?

I'm not sure about capping a gas pipe in a wall. *I'd be afraid to do that
and get a gas buildup in there.

The other problem is that you should have a licensed plumber check your work for
code compliance or you will have a problem when it comes time to sell the house.
I'd be concerned that you have a large enough supply to run both the furnace and
HW heater at the same time.

I looks like mine is hooked up and lots of other ones I've seen. *The
only odd
thing that might cause someone to look twice at it is the extra long
stub
extending down just before the gas heater. * Normally that stub is
about 6"
long.

I extended it down to the floor so the pipe can be supported rather
than hang. I can always shorten later.

Proper support of gas piping is done with pipe hangers, NOT by
extending sections down to the floor to prop it up...

~~ Evan