Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pimpom Pimpom is offline

Default TEAC 1/2" Open-Reel Schematic Needed

Chris F. wrote:
I have a Teac Model 80-8 1/2" open reel machine I have to
repair for
a customer. This is the first 1/2", 8-track machine I've worked
on
and it's clear I'm going to need a schematic. The main problem
is
that some channels are sounding through to others; for example,
with
a signal connected to channel 1 only, it sounds over to channel
2 and
faintly to channel 3. This happens even when monitoring the
input
without a tape loaded, ruling out a head alignment issue.
Any advice, or especially a schematic, would be appreciated.

http://www.analogrules.com/manuals/tascam.html