Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default While Iggy's talking about safes...

Pete C. wrote:

Yep, there are certainly higher security locks than the mass market
stuff. Medeco, Abloy, even some Masters. Some have side dimple cut keys,
some have interesting angle cuts, and of course the relatively common
round keys,

Heh. When I had the job as a video game repair tech, we'd sometimes
get a game in for repair, whose owner had lost the key. Sometimes the
whole service call was just to replace the lock.

We drilled it out. :-

Oh, did I men it was that round-key type? The ordinary tumbler-type,
you can do with a freakin' screwdriver. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

all types that the common pick sets won't help with. But as
we all know here, the difference between them is just in the amount of
time and number of tools it would take us to defeat them if we needed
to.