Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Edward Hennessey[_2_] Edward  Hennessey[_2_] is offline

Default Mosler safe combination

"Ignoramus12225" wrote in
message ...
The safe is from Fermilab. According to them, it is 33" X 21" X 54".

I:

I dealt with the surplus assets guy at Fermilab before and he was real
helpful.
Can't you direct the weight question back at him? They may have a
scale on
site or be able to provide other information, manual, etcetera.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

I am looking at this:

http://www.brownsafe.com/features_Fi...ingleDoor.html

The closest that I can see is C Rated Burglary Safe with Fire
Protection, 56 x 30.5 x 33 outside (a little wider, but shorter,
than
this safe), which weighs at 2,380 lbs.

Hm

I cannot get THAT into my basement for sure.

On 2011-01-21, Ignoramus12225
On 2011-01-21, Bob La Londe wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 20, 1:17 pm, Ignoramus3982

On 2011-01-20, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus3982 wrote:

Won a Mosler combination safe on ebay and am wondering about
something: is it possible to change the combination on such a
safe?
This is a safe that opens with a key AND combination dial.

Also, is it wise to take it to a locksmith while it is in my
truck?
Just to have it checked etc?

Is it a "real" commercial safe, or a "toy" home safe? If the
former, I'm
sure a locksmith could rework the combination for you, if the
later,
they'll laugh at you for asking.

It is called a class C safe, reportedly weighs 400 lbs, 30x21x54"
tall.

I would think that it is somewhere in between.

Just be careful handling it, some of the fancier types have a
plate of
glass as part of the locking mechanism, if it gets shocked and
broken,
the locking bolts get driven outwards and you're cooked. Keeps
the
hammer and chisel types at bay.

A class C that only weight 400 lbs. Not likely.

Yeah, I wonder about that too. Should ask the seller. If the safe
is
4000 lbs I would be ****ED