Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Can galvanized fittings be used with black iron pipe?

Mikepier wrote:
Was at Lowes tonight picking up stuff for hooking up my HW heater this
weekend and found out they did not have anymore 1/2" Tee's in black
iron for my gas line. But they had galvanized 1/2" Tee's.
Can I mix the 2?

The proper person to ask is the gas inspector for your area. Only they can give
you the right answer for your inspection after the work.

Here in Seattle, mixing galvanized is allowed. Where you live? I may depend on
the gas supply for your area. Apparently, different gas reacts differently with
galvanixed pipe.