Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Mosler safe combination

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:01:43 -0800, Rich Grise
David Lesher wrote:

Did I mention... TEST THE NEW COMBINATION before you think
of closing the drawer. Where will you keep the new combination
written down?

I'd keep it in my wallet, with my ID, certified Birth Certificate,
combination to my bike lock, and debit card.

Don't forget the spare car and house keys, along with the list of all
your Internet usernames and passwords.

I only have one house key; I keep it in my left front pants pocket.
And I don't have a car. They say "life sucks without a car," but I'm
doing embarrassingly well for a man who's ostensibly penniless. The
bike serves double duty - I have everything I need within a mile or
so, and I get my daily exercise on it. :-)

And, possibly stupidly, I only ever use two passwords, that are really,
really easy for me to remember, but unlikely to be guessed, albeit a
dedicated password sniffer would get past just about any password,
eventually.

And I have another one that I use if I need real security, that's also
really really easy for me to remember, but uses several special characters.

Did you know that you can embed ASCII blanks (0x20) in a password?

But then again, I don't really need any security - to paraphrase
Mr. Youngman, "Take my identity - please!" ;-)

My PIN isn't written down anywhere, but I have $0.07 in my account,
so no big deal.

The bank recently gave me the option for overdraft coverage. I
said, "Nah, if I don't have enough money, just decline the card."

Cheers!
Rich