Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

"Max" wrote in message
b.com...
"Larry Jaques" wrote

But even if I had the money for a new Sawstop, I don't think I'd buy
one because of the principle. I don't want to knowingly feed greed and
arrogance, wherever they exist, if I can possibly help it.

And *I* wouldn't buy one because when the time comes that my common sense,
agility, and attention to safety factors are so badly deteriorated that I
feel the need for the device I will discontinue using a table saw.

Max

Max, you are already there if you really believe that common sense, agiaity,
and or attention to safety factors will protect you. There will be new
safety rules written in the future for the accidents that are less common
and of which you have not yet heard about. Imagine my suprise 22 years ago
when I thought and worked the same way and cut half my left thumb off and
the TS was not turned on. I still have not seen a safety rule written to
prevent the accident that I had.