Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

"Bill" wrote in message
CW wrote:
wrote in message
Just curious, does anyone else share this experience/point of view--that
blade guards are unsafe due to a greater likelihood of small pieces
being
thrown?

Yes, and it forces you to use unsafe proceders.

This almost like a good place to ask a question which has been on my mind.
According to Grizzly's web site, Grizzly G0690 runs 4300 RPM, Grizzly
1023RL runs 3450 RPM. Both are 3 HP. Is the higher speed better for
cutting "sheet goods", cutting faster, or just hurling small pieces
further? Although I've interjected a bit of humor, this is a serious
question. To keep it on topic, neither of these saws are currently using
SawStop's technology, but I think I would consider it an advantage if they
did.

Bill

The faster RPM will equate to a faster and smoother cut. BUT it can also
equate to a burned cut if feed rate is slower than average.