Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
You're using a lousy push stick that breaks or slips on sawdust, whoosh!
You're feeding stock, your dog jumps on your back because you didn't put
him on a leash and he's not don't playing. (real life scenario... I'm
not working with that guy anymore)

Sure, all of that is possible, just not a likely scenario in a realistic
world. In the past, we've heard from physicians and emergency personal when
it comes to a tablesaw. And almost without exception, those incidents of
digits being chopped off have been when someone was using a saw with the
guard removed. When it comes to slipping and falling, you're much more
likely to fall in front of a bus than to fall or slip at the required angle
to slide one's hand or arm under an installed and properly operating blade
guard.