Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

In article , Bill wrote:

I don't yet have a TS, but I intuitively keep my hands away from things
spinning at 4000 RPM. A normal blade guard appears to offer "good"
protection. I will increase my level of protection when it's cost is
more modest. Until then I will exercise due caution--like I do when I
use my chain saw. Seems like a chain saw is more dangerous, no?

Just my humble opinion here... ummm, yah! By an order of magnitude, probably.

At
least the TS blade is fixed in 2 dimensions. I am watching the
technology, and this discussion, with interest.

Bill