Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Recessed lights in roof soffit

"ls02" wrote in message
On Jan 21, 8:48 am, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
"ls02" wrote in message

I want to install recessed lights in roof soffit. Can I use ordinary
indoor RL housing? The housing will essentially be inside the soffit,
not exposed to weather.

Your first consideration may be whether the building code permits
this (cf. the risk of fire in wiring exposed to atmospheric damp.) The
local agency for building permits can advise you.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

First, the housing is inside the soffit, so it is not exposed to rain
or snow. Regarding dampness I don't think soffit is more damp then
bath, shoerw or even attic. I have recessed lights inside every shower
in my house.

But I will certainly check with building department.

The ones in your shower should also be rated for damp locations