Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Polaroid Pola-Pack battery chemistry

Palm no longer provides parts or service for
the Tungsten T3 -- which is illegal.

How so?

There are Federal laws that oblige companies to stock service parts for
three to ten years after a product is discontinued. These laws appear to
have been weakened, but it also seems the Federal government doesn't really
care. I had a case where a company couldn't supply parts for a
current-production product, and I had to threaten that I would go to the
Federal Trade Commission.

The Tungsten T3 is still manufacturerd, though not, apparently, sold by
Palm. Palm is legally obliged to provide parts for it, but refuses to. Even
if it weren't manufactured, it has been less than 10 years since it was
discontinued, and Palm is obligated to provide electrical/electronic parts.