Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Mosler safe combination

Jim Stewart wrote:
Ignoramus3982 wrote:
Won a Mosler combination safe on ebay and am wondering about
something: is it possible to change the combination on such a safe?
This is a safe that opens with a key AND combination dial.

Also, is it wise to take it to a locksmith while it is in my truck?
Just to have it checked etc?

I think Roger Shoaf is a locksmith. You might
try sending him an email.

Most locksmiths are highly protective of any
sort of information they have concerning opening
locks. They will generally treat you as a thief
unless they know you.

I once had a girlfriend who had a 16-year-old kid, who
locked his keys in his car. We called a locksmith, and
stood around watching while he poked around the lock
with his lockpick - we wanted to see how it was done.
We were all chatting and stuff, watching and waiting
for about five minutes or so; he finally said, "Gee, I
guess this side is jammed or something - lemme try the
other side. He walked to the other side of the car,
squatted down, and had it open in about three seconds,
before any of us even thought to follow him.

I guess he was also an off-duty cop. :-)

Cheers!
Rich