Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Competition for SawStop ?

At some point, sawstop will do an official fast feed rate demo video or
one from a show will pop up on youtube.

bout a million on Yuotube. Gotta love it. Here is one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9OLIzMa4Oo

I guess I wasn't clear or didn't quote correctly.
I asked about a video showing the dog going into the blade quickly,
as if simulating ones hand slipping forward into the blade.

That video is a pretty good real feed rate and it does show that you
would likely have a good little piece of skin & fat taken off, possibly
need a stitch or two or just a good butterfly bandage.

I suspect the results would be *identical* even if they shoved a dog in
there at "slip speed." I just wish someone would post a video to shut
up all the members of the tin-foil hat club.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--