Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Polaroid Pola-Pack battery chemistry

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:37:04 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Going thru my pile of old batteries, I discovered 3 1995 Polaroid pola-
pack batteries. They still read above 7.2 V. I think they were 7.5V
when new. Whatever chemistry they used has held up for 16 years. I
am wondering what the chemistry of these batteries is that they
haven't self-discharged after this long period of time. Does anyone
know for sure what Polaroid used?

Google for "Polaroid Polapulse Battery" and you'll find plenty of
photos and references.
The P80 and P100 are 6V at 250ma-hr and Zinc-Manganese dioxide.
The P500 are 6V at 1400ma-hr and Lithium-Manganese dioxide.
Note that they can be recharged successfully a few times.

http://users.rcn.com/fcohen/Polaroid.htm

Still available for sale:
http://users.rcn.com/fcohen/

# 831-336-2558