Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_15_] Josepi[_15_] is offline

Default Sawstop shown in Time Warp photography

I agree with the safety aspect and would buy one also.

I don't agree with the capacitive sensing though, no matter what they claim.

The capacity of a plastic cased weiner is a lot lower than a 3/4" sheet of
damo fir plywood ebing held by a human on a huge mass grounded steel table.
Somebody is protecting their non-patent with some BS.

I had originally heard it was moisture but the demo sort of disproves that
also.

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
That demo was a trick.

OK, it is an electrical circut completion that triggers the safety
brake right?

What if you have no contact with the table top but just the blade?
Notice his hand is resting on the table top.
What if you are using a wooden sled? Does it stil work?
What if you are standing on a rubber mat?

Just wondering.

All that said, I too am pretty sure next new TS purchase would have to
be a sawstop, especially if I go into a business situation where I am
asking\hiring others to run the tool. Fortunately I don't thnk anyone
is making a saw any better. The commercial Sawstaop is a beautiful
fricking saw, brake or not. Not worth an extra grand on it's own but
the brake feature is worth a finger, a new blade and hunk of aluminum.