Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LR44 batteries.

Wild_Bill wrote:

I dunno what the shelf life of the silver cells are, compared to the
alkaline chemistry, but the user often doesn't know how long ago the cells
were actually produced.
I avoid buying no-brand, low-priced/huge quantity button cells, as they're
likely to be of the worst quality, IMO.

I've found SR44s at reasonable prices maybe 6 on a card, and will buy
several cards if my remaining stock is short, when I see them.. I also mark
the cards with the month/year so when I'm going thru my stock I can see
which ones are older.
If I encounter older ones that are low, I'll just throw them away and select
a more recently purchased set/package.

For electronic calipers, and possibly other devices stored in a protective
case, there's often ample room in the case liner/foam to cut out extra round
holes to hold a couple of spare button cells (+ side up so they don't get
shorted).. this eliminates the need to go looking for/fetch fresh cells.

The case for my digital calipers came with a place for a spare cell,
and a spare cell.

Teflon coated.