Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default TV picture distorted

On Jan 17, 1:10*am, "``ZACK``" wrote:
"PE" wrote in message

m... Hi all: *My 15-yr old Toshiba 27" crt television has recently developed a
problem which is that approx 15 minutes after being turned on, the picture
bows inward on the left and right sides. *Then, after a few more minutes,
the picture resolves and returns to normal and remains perfect for the
remaining time the tv is on. *If the symptom described above means the crt
is wearing out, so be it, the set will soon be history. *However, I'm
wondering whether some other, replaceable part, might be going bad and
causing the temporarily distorted picture.

Would appreciate any suggestions re. probable cause(s) of symptom
described above. *Am basically novice, but handy and with soldering
skills, and have done a few simple tv repairs in the past. *Thanks for
your replies!

horizontal coupling cap
faulty yoke
or flyback tranformer circuit
pincushion transformer circuit
or try herehttp://www.devileye.net/catalog/boiling_liquefied_gas/side_pincushion...

orhttp://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=bCP&rls=org...

DIdn't you get enough relies on alt.home.repair????