Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5053 Ignoramus5053 is offline

Default VIDEO of MEP-006A military diesel generator running.

On 2011-01-18, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:09:30 -0600, Ignoramus26212

On 2011-01-18, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:38:03 -0600, Ignoramus26212

On 2011-01-18, Jim Stewart wrote:
Ignoramus26212 wrote:
Here it is. Starting and running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcrF--s7QBM

I don't know which I liked better, the genset
or watching your boy starting it.

You're the man.

Thanks... I think that he liked it too...

Yeah, that grin was wide enough to shove both his ears back enough to
touch each other behind his head.

LOUD beasties, aren't they? What's the dB rating?

They say "USE HEARING PROTECTION WITHIN 50 FEET", but in reality it is
not so bad, EXCEPT in front of the exhaust/radiator. I would say, it
is a pleasant, soothing sound.

Betcher neighbors' opinions'd differ. Wouldn't it be better to have
the exhaust pointing upward, deflecting some of the sound?

Will you be selling both of those, or keeping one to replace your
other, smaller unit?

I have only one MEP-006A generator and I will be definitely selling
it. For my own house, I have an Onan generator that is good for 20 kW
single phase.