Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Serendipity. Stumbling On Another Way To Add Movement To Turnings

"charlie b" wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:

One of these days we'll wake up to find you turning the planet!

snip

Smaller Lathe = Lower Intimidation Factor
Lower Intimidation Factor = Try More Wild Hare Idea
Trying More Wild Hare Ideas = MORE FUN!

Makes sense. I finally dug out the Unimat, but I need to figure out wood
turning on it. Missing a tool rest and centers. Got a faceplate somewhere,
but they are relatively inexpensive and as soon as I buy one I'll find the
missing one.. Should be interesting, as the Unimat also has milling
capability and I have a Proxxon XY table.

1/2" winged turnings shouldn't be too scary!

--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum