Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LR44 batteries.

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:29:15 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
news
I know a lot of things need Silver oxide SR44 but if you can use LR44
in anything, Dollar Tree stores have a card of eight for $1. I have
about a dozen gadgets that can use either.

I just got 100 Maxell brand for $7 delivered on eBay. I've had issues with
the no-names. The problem with having a bunch of them is they disappear
quickly for some reason.

These are 'Sunbeam'. I only buy a card or two at a time so if some
are bad, I'm out a buck. Also, I've seen fake brand name batteries as
well as old code date.

Beware!! of both Sunbeam and AC Delco D batteries!!

I've never seen AC Delco batteries.

Ive had a significant number of both brands blow out and leak ...just
sitting on the storage shelf.

There were some in a few gadgets that I've had a couple years, so i
thought I would try them. I've been using some Sunbeam CFL bulbs for a
couple years now, with no problems.

I buy a lot of batteries at the 99C Only Store..a local chain of decent
99c stores..and for years they have carried Varta brand..which were
superlative batteries, in the 3 common sizes..AAA, AA, Ds

They no longer carry them..carry the Sunbeams..as do the Dollar
Trees..and the batteries SUCK with loud slurping noises!!

Thanks for the warning.

Teflon coated.