Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default collapsing banquet table frame to cut plywood sheets - File 2 of 2 - IMG_2807 [800x600].JPG (1/1)

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in message
b.com...

Looks good Leon.

The only problem I see with it is that it can be totally lost some place.
As it is so collapsible, that it won't look like a cutting table!

Yeah 6 2x4's can get lost if you have a lot of that material around the
shop. ;~)

Does that notch on the bottom board secure well to the top of the
sawhorse? I assume it would be OK if snug enough.

Yes it does hold well. Two things though, the actual boards have 1/2"
dowels sticking out of the bottoms that engage the holes in the saw horses
once you remove the rubber pads. In real life I find myself skipping that
step and simply let the notches do the work. The rubber pads on the saw
horse holds every thing well enough. I have never had it slip off.

Kudos for practical and low tech. Often, simple is best.

..
Not totally my design, I tweeked one I saw in a magazine a bit. I
appreciate the fact that it can be a large cutting area that sets up quickly
and disappears when not in use.