Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default electronic ballast for F15T8?

On 01/16/2011 08:32 PM, Red wrote:
On Jan 15, 7:51 pm, Nate wrote:

Home Depot is selling under-cabinet fixtures that are advertized as
buzz free. I bought 2 and they don't make a sound. I assume they
have electronic ballasts.

hmm. good to know. might have to have a look. 1 or 2 tubes?

1 skinny one. I said quiet, not bright. Although the light is
adequate and the fixture is narrow. I was thinking you might swap the
ballast to your light.

right, I was tracking you. was asking to just see how many tubes the
ballast would drive. I think the lamp has two individual ballasts and
two tubes. so I'd need two of your fixtures from which to scavenge
ballasts, and hopefully they'd be small and of a size that would fit in
the base.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.