Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Painting cast aluminum parts

John R. Carroll wrote:
DA wrote:
responding to

http://www.rittercnc.com/metalworkin...ts-487279-.htm
DA wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:

Rustoleum spray-bomb should work fine. Use their metal primer first,
then the color(s) of your choice. You _can_ do a good job with
spray-can paint, but not the first time you try.

Thank you for your replies, guys!

Yes, I will clean it well before doing anything. Thankfully, the
parts are reasonably clean to begin with, some of the flashing has
already been removed and they might have even washed the parts
already but I'm going to do it again anyways.

See if you can find someone local with an ultrasonic cleaning bath.

Geez! Get the schmutz off, but there's no point in being obsessive about it.

It doesn't have to be hospital-sterile. If the parts are small enough,
running them through the dishwasher (if they'll fit) will be more than
good enough, as long as you don't load them up with finger grease when
you unload them. I'd apply about the same standards of "clean" as if I
were hand-washing my own pots and pans.

But they _do_ need to be dry!

Cheers!
Rich