Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default American Political Situation

Tom Gardner wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 06:09:03 -0800, Larry Jaques

(which reminds me..half the cops I know carry Glock 19s..the rest 1911s)

Isn't fast-firing easier in a well-built weapon like a 19, Gunner?
Every time I hear a doubletap from a Glock, it sounds like a full-auto
startin' up, with no more than 1/4 of a second elapsed for both shots.
My ears twitch.

Shrug...last combat match I shot in, I was shooting 6 into the targets
in .73 seconds, and that was after the stroke. 1911 Series 70 with 220gr
SWC at 1000fps

I did the same course with a S&W 586 (357 Mag,)and did the targets in
.59 (but I fired the second target round after the first..which had been
the first Id fired in about a year after the stroke.

3 targets, shoulder to shoulder, 7 yrs

My best rate of fire was down in the .4s, before the stroke a year
before. Im back down to the low .5 seconds, but doubt Ill ever get down
to the .4s..Im getting old and slow. Shrug.

Any good quality arm, properly fitted to the shooter, and
practice..practice..practice is all thats required to shoot fast.

The kid simply sprayed and prayed

I do believe that ANY descent instructor would have been able to properly
assess this guy very quickly. And somebody might have disappeared him.

Problem is, there haven't been any decent instructors since the unions took
over the schools and turned them into propaganda mills that teach
"self-esteem" (Duh, I dunno how to add two and tow, but I feel real
good about myself, yup, yup, yup, yup!) instead of facts.

Thanks,
Rich