Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electronic ballast for F15T8?

On Jan 15, 1:49*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
OK, I've been home sick since last Saturday and starting to go stir
crazy... *silly ideas running through my head

I have an old Dazor draftman's lamp that I use for a desk light. *I have
some high-CRI tubes in it and find it fantastic, except for one thing...
that damned buzz from the old magnetic ballasts.

Is there an electronic ballast that I could retrofit into the lamp to
make it nice and quiet and efficient? *Dazor doesn't sell one, I already
asked, they still make 'em with magnetic ballasts.

yes, I am pretty attached to this lamp. *It's darn near perfect save for
the buzz. *I'm even considering spending the money to buy a diffuser for
it to make it even more perfect because it not only looks cool and
"vintage" it is the best desk/task light I've ever had and has that
wonderful floating adjustment. *(funny thing is, other than the metallic
brown color, which was apparently discontinued long ago, it appears
identical to the current "Recognition Desk Lamp" which sells for the low
low price of $300-something)

There's a couple clamp mount ones floating around my office. *I've
already told my warehouse guy if any of them head to the dumpster I want
a heads up ASAP.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Our local hardware stores sell replacement electronic ballasts, so as
soon as you are well, I would head to town and see what's available.