Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default American Political Situation

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jan 15, 5:05*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
There are approximately two million defensive gun uses (DGU's) per
year by law abiding citizens.

Half a dozen or so here. I never had to draw on anyone, the knowledge
that I'm not helpless instantly changed the tone of the discussion.
I've even given a guy some gas money on the chance his story was
legitimate.

One time I was at a local fast-food joint, and was approached by a young
couple begging for lunch money. I said, "I'll go ya one better! I'll buy
you lunch! Come on!" I spent about five bucks buying them a couple of hot
dogs and stuff - I've heard that's a popular begging technique - "Got a
few bucks for gas?" "Hey, pull your car over, I'll even put it in for you!"
and they disappear.

But it did feel kinda good being able to buy lunch for a young couple who
were apparently actually needy.

Cheers!
Rich