Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IEC 705-88 Microwave Oven power measurement???what is it?

Jeffrey Angus wrote:

On 1/15/2011 6:27 AM, mike wrote:
Thanks, the 15% number is what I was after.
Still would be nice to be able to know the procedure. Only reason
to keep stuff secret is that it's somehow misleading and can't stand
scrutiny.
Oh well, what's new...

Sort of like Campbell Hausfield being able to claim
that an air compressor motor that draws 15 amps is
5 HP.

Or my favorite, watts as measured in "music power."

Jeff

Or computer speakers rated '1500 WATTS!!!', yet they are powered by a
9 volt 500 mA wall wart.

Teflon coated.