Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default American Political Situation

Don Foreman wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:54:47 -0800, Larry Jaques

Off to Mayo in Rochester tomorrow for chemo for Mary. I don't pack a
pistol there. There is no posted prohibition at Mayo, but the mortal
threat at hand can't be neutralized with bullets. I'll walk the
skyways and subways while her IV drips, get my 3 miles done. She's
quite OK with that.

Do you at least keep a kubaton at hand when out wandering? They're
great close-to-combat defensive weapons.

Engaging in close hand-to-hand combat ain't on my dance card,
particularly at Mayo Clinic. Geez, I could get smacked with a
colostomy bag or something!

I grew up in Minnesota - my Dad grew up in Austin, and worked at the
Hormel plant as a snout bander when he was a teenager during the
depression. (Rochester isn't that far from Austin, IIRC.) We used to
go to Mayo regularly, to visit the museum and see the latest advances
in medical technology. Grandpa was a doctor. During the depression,
people used to pay him with chickens and stuff. Some rich patient
gave him a house for helping with the delivery of the rich guy's
kid.

Rochester, MN is probably one of the "safest" cities in the world
for stuff like just wandering around. "Minnesota Nice," you know. :-)

I haven't been there in quite some time - have they censored that sculpture
of Man that used to be on the front of the building? It was a three-story
tall bronze thing that came from DaVinci's diagram, or "The Visible Man"
model kit.

But he was (GASP!!!!) Naked! =:-O

Thanks,
Rich